Oh for God's sake, let's please stop beating on this horse !...

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ericN2
Forum ProPosts: 14,654Gear list
Like?
Re: Oh for God's sake, let's please stop beating on this horse !...
In reply to Marla2008, May 25, 2012

Marla -

I appreciate the post and I think it is maybe a good example of what I am myself coming to quite dislike about the Forums of late.

Fact is, we ALL have our own ideas on what is supposed to be a "good" pic..both in the composition and probably the technique.. I am getting more tired oif the very many comments that coime up seemigly far more of late, as to whether a pic has good or bad IQ, whether it is bad or wrong for some other reason.. whether the IQ or just the lens used is not as good..

We ALL have our own thoughts on what we like and think of a pic. Personally I hate the funny arty things and also often the HDR pics that to me look sometimes little better than you could get with a Box Brownie...whilst others will say how good they are. Comments and critique here now seems to be no guide whatever.. what pleases ME counts..I've been taking ipcs since old fikm days and going back to maybe 1950's or so.. and used cameras of all sorts up to what I then regarded as MY pinnacle, a Hasselblad which I loved for 15 years of use.

Yet I still have MY ideas of what I regard as a good or pleasing pic. It may not - probably DOES not suit many others. well..that's life.. not all are pleased with the same pic.. but it doesn't mean that OTHER pics should be slated as bad or not-so-good..they ARE to the poster and likely many others... so it has to be a case of live and let live..

But alas...it isn't so.. too many critiques and the impossible task of pleasing everytbody at any one time..
Less of these comments and I suspect the whoile Forums would be better...

-- hide signature --

eric
Staffordshire, UK

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow