Oh for God's sake, let's please stop beating on this horse !...

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marla2008
Senior MemberPosts: 2,383
Like?
Oh for God's sake, let's please stop beating on this horse !...
May 25, 2012

It's way over DEAD !!

Someone posted yet ANOTHER "show me your shallow DOF pics with m4/3, they can't match my FF photos", and hop, 77 posts to this minute, trying to match his (far from attractive, from his sample) background blur. ENOUGH !

Let me put it this way : I must be among the five most rabid and extremist shallow DOF lovers on this board (and I'm being humble, I get a strong feeling I'm actually number one for this specific addiction and mania) but please please we've been over this topic and million times and back, everything has been said from totally exotic mathematic formulas to extremely obvious image samples.

m4/3 offers half the DOF control vs 135mm for the same equivalent settings, period.

Yes super shallow DOF CAN be achieved under certain controlled conditions, yes the new fast tele primes will certainly help in that department, but overall m4/3 is intended as a compromise for maximum performance and IQ in minimum size and weight.
And NO, I will not impose on you yet another string of shallow DOF pics
Rant over.

Sheeshh..

P.S. : I love my m4/3 gear and take it everywhere, and I intend to get the rumoured D600 when it comes out to have best of both worlds, because for a shallow DOF nut, 135mm remains a treat...

Marla.

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow