ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joe Farrell
Forum MemberPosts: 98
Like?
Help what am I doing wrong!!
May 25, 2012

All:

I have a D800 and have been strugling with some autofocus situations. If I use AF-C 21 point and focus on a larger high contrast image, all is OK. If I focus on a subject such as this bird and have the bird smack dab in the the foucs point, the camera takes a shot and moves the focus point to where it wants to go. This only happens on smaller targets and if they are not high contrast. I have read the manual and it says this is tricky siutation for sure. Am I doing something wrong or am I asking too much of the auto focus system?

There is not motion blur as the fence is nice and sharp under the foucs point, but I had the bird in the focus point.

You will note that I have -20 in fine tune and that is what I have to use to get this lens sharp. I have many sharp images but this situation is causing me to struggle. I think I am asking too much from the camera.

Thanks,

Joe
--
Joe

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow