Can an X100 be used as a P&S ?

Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
DJ Photo
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
Re: Can an X100 be used as a P&S ?
In reply to AlanPezz, May 25, 2012

AlanPezz wrote:

The X100 does not have an automatic mode. In automatic mode cameras limit the choices that the operator can make to keep a beginner from setting something that will ruin their pictures. For instance white balance and ISO settings are limited to safe settings. The X100 had the equivalent of program mode which allows for fully automatic shooting but also allows the operator to set everything in the menus.

The X100 does not prevent setting the ISO to 12,800 and the white balance to tungsten. All daylight pictures will be ruined. A point and shoot or a DSLR with auto mode would prevent ruining normal pictures because of such settings.

I do not know what Alan means by it doesnt have an AUTO mode but it has program mode, auto mode is mearely program mode you dont fiddle with.
use std film auto DR auto WB auto auto auto, isnt that auto?!!!

The x100 has an auto mode, put shutter in A and aperture in A it is equal to P

the x100 has the ability to limit the max auto ISO, I use 3200 it is perfect at 3200 and falls apart above that. you can set the slowest shutter, I use 1/30 ( for the 23mm lens ) since I always have been a blur with compact style cameras.
You can limit your x100, I use mine daily.

DJ Photo's gear list:DJ Photo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Coolpix AW100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 +26 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow