Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
poliscijustin
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,512
Like?
D7000 Slow to turn off
May 24, 2012

I have a year old D7000, and just noticed something weird, which I think is new, but I'm not sure. When I shut it off, it shows everything on the top screen (Aperture, shutter speed, metering mode,AF mode, etc) for about 90seconds before reverting to it's normal off display of shots remaining on the card. When it is like this, the metering and AF don't seem to be working, and no buttons respond, except pushing the shutter replaces the shots remaining with "r10."

Additionally, if you power up an SB800 attached to it, it also lights the backlight on the top screen, even when the camera is off.

My D70 didn't do anything like this, and I'd never noticed either of these things happening on my 7000 either. Is this a feature? A problem? Is there an easy fix? Is it about to electrocute me? Inquiring minds want to know...

Nikon D70 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow