Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kevindar
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,629Gear list
Like?
****Winners Mini Challenge 328: Macro****
May 24, 2012

thank you everyone for your wonderful submissions. very much enjoyed looking at them.

As always, judging is very subjective. I looked for detail and sharpness, as well as general composition.
Honorable mentions, in order of appearance
Amosf, like all three. this one showed the most detail

Davidrestes. Nice images in all. though this defies the general needed dof, and subject being in sharp focus, I really liked the feel of it and the colors

Brightcolors: green bug

Thanks for the detail explanation of the shot. Love the colors, and I know how hard it is to shoot those tiny guys. If he was facing me, he would be a top 3 for sure. I also loved your bumblebee in flight

Jacek, chess set. a little late to the game, but really like the lighting, mood. thanks for submitting.

4th place:

Shutterbug nut. awesome colors and detail

Third Place: Gromero underwater macro.

I am impressed by any underwater photography. Loved all 3, but really like the color, and abstract feel in this one.

Second Place, Imqqmi Lady bugs.

hard enough to get one in focus. Here are two. the water drops add to it. great colors. really great shot

First place, and the winner Wilbaw's spider. it not only has great detail, but wonderful color and composition. Even though I know you hosted the challenge before this and I was tempted to spread the wealth, I just felt this was the nicest image for me.

kevindar's gear list:kevindar's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM +20 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow