Why invest in Sony E-mount NEX not MFT and not Canon mirrorless

Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Richt2000
Senior MemberPosts: 2,896Gear list
Like?
Re: Why invest in Sony E-mount NEX not MFT and not Canon mirrorless
In reply to Jefftan, May 24, 2012

I have both m43 and nex7, both with fast primes and a slow zoom.
IQ on nex7 is leagues ahead of m43 with regard to IQ detail.

If you want fast af and faster lenses but happy to take a hit on IQ, m43 is defo the way to go...

Jefftan wrote:

really if I have to invest $1000 into lens and buy into a system, it won't be MFT

Even if today OMD sensor equal APS-C, it won't be tomorrow

There is always a 40% smaller size penalty (which will affect all aspect of IQ and DOF) and from what I see about the same camera body size and not much smaller lens size

Actually even today I am not sure if OMD really equal APS-C in dynamic range and color depth (it match APS-C in high ISO) I am still waiting for DXO sensor score of OMD E-M5

My opinion is that the best bet is in Sony E-mount. Not only it is APS-C but it will be compatible with future Sony APS-C sensor. Sony sensor is the key here

So many people are waiting for Canon mirrorless. I don't know why. Look at the recent D800 vs 5D mark III, simply put Mark III suck. Dpreview really make a mistake this time given them both 82% and gold award

Mark III is not even close to D800 Sony sensor. If you don't believe read here

http://www.fredmiranda.com/5DIII-D800/index_controlled-tests.html

you will be shock at the difference. I am not a Nikon fanboy as I don't own any Nikon

If Canon can't even give their $3500 top of the line full frame camera a good sensor, you guys are waiting for their APS-C mirrorless?

The best sensor in the camera industry is clearly from Sony. This is why the only mirrorless lens system worth investing in is NEX E-mount

I am not against MFT at all. If fact the $400 E-PM1 or $300 E-PL1 is too good a deal to pass up as a second camera. But to invest in it, no way

not for my money. I know I will be accused of being a Sony Fanboy. I am not and I have think about this long and hard and have sound reasons to back up my view

Richt2000's gear list:Richt2000's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony Alpha 7R Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow