Any tips on Dpreview photo gallery

Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vlad S
Senior MemberPosts: 3,025Gear list
Like?
There's very little to tell
In reply to Jere Landis, May 24, 2012

Jere Landis wrote:

I'm starting to put some photos in my gallery. Any tips on how to handle it, as far as album creation, sizing, etc.?

DPReview does not offer any automation, so create albums according to your preferences.

Furthermore, I find albums inserted in the posts awfully inconvenient: there is not obvious control for moving forward or back, and when the image is close to the bottom then links in the album become obstructed. So I use albums so that it would be easier to find files for me, but I do not presume that other users will take advantage of my gallery organization.

It's easy enough to rearrange the photos. I usually upload images under 1000px on the biggest side, to both save space and for ease of viewing on small screens.

Vlad

Vlad S's gear list:Vlad S's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow