Get excited !(SR5) Coming soon: 16-50mm f/3,5-5,6 OSS G zoom E-mount lens!

Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 9,101Gear list
Like?
Re: LOL!
In reply to Everdog, May 24, 2012

actually my Sigma 30mm f/2.8 gives me very nice subject isolation when I need it and it only cost $200

whats your M 4/3 equivalent?

the panasonic 20mm f/1.7 is close, but it will cost you $150 or more.

Fact is there is not an m 4/3 camera and lens combination that can come close to the resolution I can get from my NEX-7 and 30mm f/2.8

from the review here of the OM-D

"At first glance the E-M5's JPEGs give the impression of being able to render 2800 lines per picture height. This is essentially impossible and closer examination shows the last point at which it clearly differentiates between the lines is actually nearer 2600

and from the NEX-7 review

"The NEX-7's 24MP pixel count pays off in high levels of detail, accurately resolving up to at least 3400 lines per picture height. Beyond this some demosaicing artefacts and colour moiré start to creep in, and past 3600 lph "

and this is from the review of the Nikon D800

"We should note, however, that we had to work quite hard to get this amount of resolution. We used flash to eliminate any risk of blurring due to vibration, we focus-bracketed in extremely fine increments, and we used an excellent lens (the Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4 G) at an aperture optimal for central sharpness of F4.5. Even with the inevitable softening that results from using an anti-aliasing filter, this methodology allowed us to tease resolution out of the camera as high as 3200 LPH, which, for practical purposes is about the maximum we'd have expected to see ."

from a resolution point of view the OM-d isnt even in the game

Everdog wrote:

Anyway, I am sure you get lots of shallow DOF with all the NEX F/5.6 and F/6.3 lenses. What native NEX lens gives you a shallow DoF? None?

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOL!New
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow