Started Feb 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ginsbu
Senior MemberPosts: 1,420Gear list
Like?
Re: I feel the FL-600R is the ONLY way to go
In reply to SaltLakeGuy, May 24, 2012

SaltLakeGuy wrote:

not only is it just as powerful as the larger models,

Not really: the FL-600R has GN 36 @ ISO100 and full zoom, the FL-50R has GN 50 at the same settings. The GN 50 claim for the FL-600R is made for ISO200. Still adequate power and most people will benefit from the faster recycle more than additional power.

but it swivels 180 degrees and bounces like a pro. Has the BEST recycle speeds and is smaller and lighter for the OMD. Also can be used as a remote commander or recipient from the tiny supplied clip on flash. It has the newest technology and can sync 1/250th, and bonus of bonuses it has that lovely little powerful LED for doing video. I tried one at the store and was immediately SOLD on the performance as well. It's a NO brainer IMHO.

I agree it's the best choice for the E-M5. It's really impressive how small Oly managed to make it.

Have you verified sync at 1/250th personally?

ginsbu's gear list:ginsbu's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow