Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Daniel Clune
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,444Gear list
Like?
D800 aftermarket battery grip yet?
May 24, 2012

Just got word my D800 is shipping Friday. Is anyone making an aftermarket battery grip for the D800 yet?

Also have a question on how Nikon grips work. Iam from canon were you remove the normal in camera battery and the grip part itself sticks up into the body were original battery once was and you then put either one or two regular camera batteries into the lower section of the grip.

It looks like Nikon leaves the original battery in place and then one or is it two additional batteries go into lower portion of the grip?? So if you want to remove original battery the grip must be removed then? Can you leave the original battery out and just put battery/batteries into lower section of grip? Plus to get the 6 fps in dx mode how many batteries need be in the grip. I like having the grip for better holding of body but don't always need extra power from extra batteries.

Oh before anyone says you pay all that money for a D800 and want to use an aftermarket grip, YES, I have done this with Canon no problems. Why pay for over priced grip.
--
http://www.pbase.com/dc9mm

Daniel Clune's gear list:Daniel Clune's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Epson Stylus Photo R1900
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow