Olympus 75mm F1.8 is here $899 -Ouch!!

Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
TEBnewyork
Forum ProPosts: 11,185
Like?
Re: This is getting sooooo tiring.
In reply to Jogger, May 24, 2012

But this way of thinking completely misses the reason that the majority of m4/3 people are here. It wasn't to save money - APSc has been cheaper since the beginning.

THE PEOPLE HERE DON'T WANT FULL FRAME

They've made the decision that size matters and their photography can live with the focus tracking limitations currently inherent in CDAF.

FF prices of cameras are coming down. Lenses NO. FF with lots (increasing counts and density) of pixels is stressing lenses and the new designs to handle them are more expensive.

Oly lenses for them most part outperformed the lenses for other camera makers. If that made them to expensive maybe that was the mistake. I think the cause and effect is wrong in your statement.

Lets see, you go on a trip and you can take a small ThinkTank Retrospective 5 or Billingham Hadley small or a FF in a backpack....????

You don't need super shallow DOF in every shot. With the current crop of m4/3 lenses you can get almost any look in a shot you need. You may need to improvise on lenses and subject distance but m4/3 is NOT limiting.

Jogger wrote:

My point is that FF prices are going down and m43 prices are going up.. at some point, you have to wonder if m43 is worth it relative to FF. Some people have already brought it up.

Oly 43 failed because they priced their lenses as if they were FF equivilents. Which they are not; the MARKET did not buy into it, otherwise 43 would be a market leader today.

I dont think i brought up the 75/1.8....

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow