I have a Canon Direct 5D MK II refurb on order.

Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Timbukto
Senior MemberPosts: 2,759Gear list
Like?
Re: I love Canon support/sales
In reply to Y0GI, May 24, 2012

Thanks. I will miss the sheer flexibility of the 17-55 2.8. What I won't miss is the fact that I have to feel a slight hesitation in bringing it wherever I go, dusty or not! I will have zero hesitation with a 50 mm 1.8 and can bring that thing anywhere . Heck what is the point of me getting the heavy weather sealed 24-105 if I have to worry about it getting sand in there with a repair cost that is 3-4 50mm 1.8's! I love the idea of just shooting dirty and anywhere with the 50 mm 1.8, stopped down to 2.8, where the sharpness and lack of halo-ing in broad daylight will really be nice!

What will be annoying is more lens swapping but I think I'll get a portable for zoom flexbility and high FPS and wide angle or not missing a shot opportunities! Actually I kind of like the Nikon 1 out of most small portables I've tried.

Timbukto's gear list:Timbukto's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow