Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Doublehelix
Contributing MemberPosts: 780Gear list
Like?
Re: First attempt at using my new Einstein monolight
In reply to VirtualMirage, May 24, 2012

Paul:

Nice job! Excellent in fact!

I am using a speedlight as a hair light with a tall stand. I also add a snoot to the light to give it a smaller focus point. I have seen some shots lately with colored gels added to the hair light, and that is my next experiment. Subtle color might be nice for a neat effect, but this would be something that is easy to overdo.

As far as the background light, I also use a Speedlight here, and have a nice portable stand with 5 sections (so that it is compact and travels easily) that get pretty low (2 feet high???). It works well with a hot shoe adapter to light the background.

I also just received an Einstein strobe this week, but have not had a chance to use it in vain yet! Paul C. Buff is GREAT to work with. Really impressed. It looks like we have a quick test shoot scheduled for Monday, nothing too serious, but hopefully enough to try it out thoroughly. I have been triggering with my Pocket Wizard Flex system, and I just added the PowerMC2 for the Einstein. I already had 3 Flex transceivers that I use with my Speedlights, so it was a bit of a no-brainer to go with the MC2 for the Einstein.

Good luck with your new strobe, and keep up the good work!

-- hide signature --

James

Doublehelix's gear list:Doublehelix's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow