EX1 lens wobbles

Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 3,337Gear list
Like?
Re: EX1 lens wobbles
In reply to BearT, May 24, 2012

It is interesting how old these cameras are. Does anyone know when the last EX1's were manufactured. If the camera has been in store for 2 years there could be deterioration of the seals if they have been fixed in one postion for a long time. We are told to operate our car air conditioning to prevent deterioration of the seals to maintain flexibility and prevent adhesion. Some of these EX1's and NX10's may be pretty old and could degrade in some aspects more in storage than in use.

I suspect the cameras were made in a fairly large batch at the outset and if they did not sell well could have lounged in warehouses for some time.

BearT wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and look forward to a fruitful exchange of ideas.

As I recently purchased an EX1 and have been enjoying it a lot I was wandering whether the wobbling lens is something to worry about or not. When zoomed in maximum tele position the lens hangs slightly loose. Haven't noticed any malfuntion while taking pictures. Yet, I am concerned about durability. Is it something I am supposed to live with or is it something repair service should look into.

Thanks in advance.
Bear-T

Greynerd's gear list:Greynerd's gear list
Olympus TG-310 Samsung EX2F Pentax X-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow