DO NOT buy NX20 Yet!

Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rehabdoc
Contributing MemberPosts: 906
Like?
Re: DO NOT buy NX20 Yet!
In reply to Greynerd, May 24, 2012

Greynerd wrote:

Are these untits made in China? I understand production is being moved to China and I wonder if this is a teething problem if it is a general problem. We seem to reading about lens problems all over the place for every brand. Made in Japan used to be the stamp of authority on a lens but those days seem long gone.

I have some Chinese sourced supposedly good quality stainless steel kitchen knives which are starting to rust and one has a crack growing in it. I wonder how much cheaper cheap is in the long run.

Ohmigosh. Me too with the knives!!! I bought a set of stainless knives 3 years ago and had that happen after I washed them ONE TIME. They looked so good out of the box, and supposed to be stainless. The jerks used non-stainless, and coated it with some kind of thin film or oil probably to keep it from rusting in the case, then as soon as you wash once... Rust!!! (then I read the fine print on the box: made in China.

I don't buy anything from china anymore if I can help it, unless they have major brand backing (like apple or samsung, some kind of warrantee) Especially not frozen food at the grocery or small consumer items a la Walmart.

They earned their shoddy reputation.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow