A missing Con in the Canon 5d III's review: absence of an onboard flash

Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ScottieC
Contributing MemberPosts: 643Gear list
Like?
I never had that issue....
In reply to bronxbombers, May 24, 2012

I never had that issue...

If I'm carrying my SLR, then I'm also carrying one of my camera bags, and they all have at-least one Speedlite in them. I even have my pocket wizards and a Manfrotto 038 Double Super Clamp with a shoe mount and a pair of Manfrotto 386B NANO Clamps.

bronxbombers wrote:

yeah and when you don't have the speedlite with you when something unexpected comes up??

ScottieC wrote:

Onboard flash is a con in my book. It is going to be limited; I rather buy a SpeedLite that will have more power when I actually need flash. I actually consider onboard flash gimmicky. Before Canon wastes time on that, I rather have them give something more useful, like built in WiFi or GPS, or give the camera a larger buffer.

Philz wrote:

To me, pros and cons exist with respect to reference points and expectations, whether consciously or not. The iPhone's camera is ok I guess (barely) but reviewers who say it's great don't compare to a DSLR. Why am I saying that? Because the cons of the Mark IIi are cons vs. expectations built from products available in the market. Can someone refute that the D800 is the elephant in the Canon's review? If you don't, then how come the Canon's cons miss the absence of an onboard flash? Are Nikon engineers so stupid for having included one in the D800?

ScottieC's gear list:ScottieC's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow