Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sutto
Regular MemberPosts: 322
Like?
X-Pro1 and firmware update?
May 24, 2012

I write this question obviously from hindsight, in regards to the wonderful job that Fuji did with the f/w upgrades on my X100. Twelve months ago I was ready to use it as a boat anchor (a very small boat mind you), now it is my most valued photographic tool. When I was the last five months in Asia, I viewed, edited and prepared all of the photos for my website using my Macbook Pro 13". I thought they looked great and was very happy with my X100's performance. However, now that I am back in Australia and have viewed my website on my very large H/Def Mac screen - they completely blow my socks off. Wonderful, wonderful stuff from such a small little camera.

I bought the X-Pro1 last week and am trialing it for my trip next year (no DSLR 'brick' this time - only two Fujis).

Last year it seemed to take Fuji about 6 months before they seriously got onto the X100 Firmware bandwagon - then they were unstoppable. This has transferred a mediocre camera into a very capable professional tool.

Are there any rumors that Fuji may be about to do the same with the Pro1? It is reasonably capable in its current configuration, however, if Fuji can tweak a few of its weak points, it would become a force to be reckoned with. I am really hoping that Fuji will/are about to launch into some serious updates for this camera before I head to India for 6 months in 2013.

If not I will be somewhat disappointed because I truly feel the little Pro1 has not reached its full potential.

Any thoughts guys?

sutto
http://www.philipsuttonphotography.com

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow