Exceptionally grave damage to national security

Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Princess Leia
Senior MemberPosts: 6,956
Like?
Re: Not really. Just your wish
In reply to mamallama, May 24, 2012

I am not surprised you and knox fully support this top secret leaks just to make a movie! I am sure if this was a Republican leaking you would be screaming bloody traitors!

mamallama wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

Obama should fire a lot of people then RESIGN for leaking this classified info. I am sure it goes all the way to the top to approve the release of this classified info. This is a breach of trust, this is treason!

"Judicial Watch, the organization that investigates and fights government corruption, announced today that it has obtained records from the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) regarding meetings and communications between government agencies and Kathryn Bigelow, Academy Award-winning director of The Hurt Locker, and screenwriter Mark Boal . According to the records, the Obama Defense Department granted Bigelow and Boal access to a “planner, Operator and Commander of SEAL Team Six,” which was responsible for the capture and killing of Osama bin Laden, to assist Bigelow prepare her upcoming feature film."

So what's your problem? The Executive Branch is responsible for all classification, declassification and the granting of security clearances.

If they grant security clearances to these Hollywood people after following the requisite background checks, it's the Executive Branch prerogative. Moreover it can declassify or downgrade all or parts of any classified document to make available to different classification levels or to the public at large.

IOW, the executive branch and Obama are all the way to the top and call all the shots on security and classification. The Congress and the Supreme Court have no say.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow