D800 examples from D700 users's perspective (180 2.8, 50 1.8D)

Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
moving_comfort
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,753Gear list
Like?
Bohemien ,blackdiesel , Renato, carauction , Alton , olynik969 , Volksgti81
In reply to moving_comfort, May 24, 2012

Bohemien wrote:

Besides from being great portraits, you show that you CAN make the D800 sing with a lens as "old" as the 180 f/2.8 - especially the first portrait of your daughter has that magic "POP" to it. Very encouraging and makes waiting for the purchase (of the D800) even harder.

Thanks, Markus. The 180 has one fault - some PF wide-open in backlit and some specular highlight situations. Other than that, its an incredible exciting lens to work with.

blackdiesel wrote:

I was thinking about ditching my 180mm when I had the D7000 since it was so close to the 70-200mm; since I decided to get the D800 I decided to keep all my primes and I am seriously considering using my primes a lot more than the wide, mid-range and long telephotos.

Thanks. I mostly shoot primes - like the size, speed and sharpness, and am willing to give up the versatility of zooms when possible (sometimes it's not possible.)

rhlpetrus wrote:

+1, great kids' shots! Looks like D800 is a wonderful snapshooter's tool ;).

Thanks Renato! Yes, a perfect 'snapshooter tool' indeed, great description. It's pretty much a good 'everything' tool, I hope I'm up to it.

carauction wrote:

Lovely images as usual.

Do you process raw with Adobe(ACR, LR?)

Thanks Mike. LR 4 is what I use, along with NIK SEP 2 for some black & white work, although I have not used that software yet with the D800 files.

Alton (TN) wrote:

Really really nice!

Thanks! (are you in TN?)

olynik969 wrote:

+1

Thanks Bob.

Volksgti81 wrote:

Wow! Are these your children? They're just beautiful. Congrads on your new toy thanks for sharing your findings.

Thanks, the girl is not my daughter, the two boys are my sons, the girl is our next-door neighbor and my 4-year old's "Favorite Girl" in his words

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow