Full Frame Pentax

Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Anastigmat
Forum ProPosts: 12,579
Like?
Re: Full Frame Pentax
In reply to AngryCorgi, May 24, 2012

AngryCorgi wrote:

I don't think we'll see a FF Pentax camera anytime soon. I think Pentax has been dropping tons of hints that they have no intention of going FF. If they were planning on going FF, why on Earth would they announce a 50/1.8 that's APS-C only?

That is sound reasoning. However, remember when the CEO of Leica announced that there would be a full frame M series camera? He was fired, and Leica assured the world that no FF is in the plans. Guess what? The CEO was telling us the truth, but Leica did not want their buyers to wait for a FF, killing the sales of the existing 1.3x crop M cameras. Therefore the DA50 f/1.8 may well be a smoke screen.

I feel sorry for all the folks holding on to their old FF glass with the hope that a FF is coming. I just don't see it in the next 3 years.
--
-AC-

However, i just snapped myself out of a dream. The 50/1.8 is not a smoke screen. Pentax really has no plan to bring out a full frame anytime soon. You are correct after all. Chances are we will see a solar eclipse again before Pentax releases a FF DSLR.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow