Peter Jonas
Senior MemberPosts: 1,809
Like?
Re: understanding the ML-L3 wireless remote
In reply to Michel F, May 24, 2012

Michel F wrote:

Peter Jonas wrote:

Graystar wrote:

Normally, when you focus and get a green indicator, the indicator goes out immediately upon releasing the shutter button. When you're in remote release mode and you use the shutter to focus and get a green indicator, the indicator doesn't go out when you release the shutter. As long as it's on, the camera won't focus with the remote. You have to clear the focus lock before the camera will focus via the remote.

Interesting observation.

I will be interested to check this out on the D7000. If true, it may well be a software bug, or an unintended consequence of operating the shutter via the remote control.

It does make sense though. The focus indicator is on, so the camera thinks it's in focus and does not have to refocus.

I wonder if there is any way of making the green light go out automatically.

On lenses with MA/M setting switch (I have this switch on the 17-55mm AF-S I was using at the time), just nudging the focus ring slightly should do it I think.

Ok. So, if you now nudge or move the focus ring on the lens, and the green light goes out, does it work now as it should? (I.e.: does it refocus when you take the shot?)

-- hide signature --

Cheers,

Peter Jonas

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow