ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dark13star
Contributing MemberPosts: 739Gear list
Like?
Climbing Kilimanjaro with Nex-7: battery question
May 24, 2012

Hello,

I'm a longtime Nikon shooter and occasional Nex-5 shooter who just ordered a Nex-7 for a trip to Africa. My main reason to go with the Nex is weight, and lack of EVF on my 5 is a bit of a non-starter for shooting in very bright conditions. I want to have a regular zoom, a wide angle, and a fish eye with me and I did a test hike with my Nikon and all those lenses and it was painful at 12,000' here in Colorado, never mind 19,340'.

I'm planning on carrying my Nex-7, 16mm, 17-55mm, wide angle adapter, fish eye adapter, and batteries. The question is how many batteries? The climb is 9 days and I won't have any power along the way. The summit is on the morning of day 8 and then powering down for two days with less shooting, but definitely want to get the celebration shots at the end.

I've read all the pointers about turning off between shots, etc. I'll set the camera to EVF only and won't do much chomping, except to check exposure. I do figure on shooting 100-200 shots a day though.

Any thoughts from current owners on how many batteries to carry. I have two right now and am thinking of buying four more. They are out of stock in most places, so I figure I need to decide soon and that is why I'm looking to those with experience.

Many thanks
Rich

dark13star's gear list:dark13star's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +8 more
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow