Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rsutton1223
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Nikon Convert: Recommended Canon Glass
May 23, 2012

I am switching from a Nikon D7000 to the new Canon 5D Mark III. There are a lot of reasons for the switch but now I am in the process of picking up new glass. Most of the work I do is automotive but I also shoot my new son (7 months old) a lot.

On the cropped sensor...I used the 50/1.4 Sigma, 12-24/4 Tokina and 135/2 Nikkor the most. I always rent the 70-200/2.8 when needed as I didn't use it as much as I needed to when I owned it.

I was thinking about going with the following setup.

17-40/4 Canon
50/1.4 Sigma
24-70/2.8 Canon
135/2 Canon

I have a lot of Nikon glass that I will be selling to fund the switch. A lot of lenses that didn't get used as much (and I bought used) so hopefully I won't lose too much.

Do you think there is too much overlap int eh 17-40 and 24-70? Canon tends to run their ranges a little bit differently than Nikon and the switch to full frame from cropped changes things up a little bit anyway...

Thanks ahead of time for the opinions.

Also, any good used sources outside the normal (KEH, Adorama, B & H)? Canon used glass seems to be in much fewer supply than Nikon.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow