D800 banks setup

Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
James Jeter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,310Gear list
Like?
Re: In support of using the banks-- CORRECTION!!
In reply to Chester S Parks, May 23, 2012

Chester S Parks wrote:

I have been re-reading my D800 manual. On page 335 the Save settings in the setup menu is described as saving all the banks/user settings. They specifically say this can be used to transfer all the setting to another D800. The D800 indeed can save and reload settings in the same way as the D7000.

Some how I missed this in reading the 472 pages of the manual. Now I am really happy with my D800.

I'm glad you found this in your manual. I have two sets of settings that I have stored on two very small capacity CF cards. One set of from Outthereimages and the other is from Thom's ebook. if I'm out in the field and change a few things then don't remember what I changed, I just reload which ever card has the settings I want to restore. Oh, this is on the D700 but I was fairly certain that it worked the same on the D800.
--
Jim Jeter
Aliso Viejo, CA
http://www.pbase.com/jim_jeter/root

James Jeter's gear list:James Jeter's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow