Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 15,507Gear list
Like?
Re: Nice Canon 5D MkIII review ...
In reply to tt321, May 23, 2012

tt321 wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Can't understand how they could give the 5D3 the same overall score and virtually the same score for image quality (RAW) as the D800 in view of what that test reveals. The DxOMark figures tell us the same story as far as DR is concerned. And I am sure they will also tell us that the E-M5 has better DR at base ISO than the 5D3.

Anders I thought you always advocated reading the entire report rather than the final score and reading the details and figures rather than only the comments...

OK. I certainly advocate that all right. And if one follows that rule, one will see that they didn't overlook the fact, although it wasn't quite as starkly illustrated as in the link I provided. Still, one would hope that the scoring would somehow be in line with the facts and the large difference in base ISO DR, along with the higher resolution of the Nikon, should, IMHO, yield a bigger difference in RAW IQ score.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow