Hoodman UDMA RAW CompactFlash - memory card insurance?

Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jag64551
Regular MemberPosts: 108Gear list
Like?
Hoodman UDMA RAW CompactFlash - memory card insurance?
May 23, 2012

I have always been intrigued by the Hoodman line of memory cards - honestly, because of their high cost. I noticed recently that their prices appeared to be slashed quite a big (I believe the 32gb was up over $400 at one point - maybe I'm wrong). I'm wondering if anyone has used these, and what your thoughts are. I know previously they had claimed to not have a reported card failure in a long span of time, which made me think to myself that if they are that well built and reliable that you could regard the added cost of the card as basically "memory card insurance" - both in terms of not losing a memory card due to failure, but also the protection of customer data on the card. Now, however, I noticed that statement is not there. Perhaps they had one or two issues, therefore the price drop? Who knows.

I just wanted to throw this out there and get thoughts. I currently use Transcend 400x cards. They are fine so far. I use a 7D and a 5D classic.

http://www.hoodmanusa.com/products.asp?dept=1007

Thanks

jag64551's gear list:jag64551's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow