Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JohninTexas
Regular MemberPosts: 159Gear list
Like?
What Nikon would you recommend?
May 23, 2012

As an enthusiastic amatuer I would appreciate your time to share your thougths on what Nikon would, in your opinion, best satisfy my requirements. My goal is to (with appropriate training and practice) take some very high quality, razor sharp photos. My subjects vary so I like the idea of a high FPS (my daughter is an equistrian and then the grandkids baseball, soccer events), but the D4 is out of my price range. I also take portraits of the grandkids, landscapes etc so the D800 looks good, but then again, the lower FPS may not help with nature and the above mentioned sports. I will most likely be using a Nikon 70-200 and a Nikon 105 Macro as my primary lenses.

For information, I am currently using a D90. I may not have this question in the correct forum so please excuse my ignorance if my choice of forums is not correct. I selected this area since it is between the D90 and the D4 categories.

Thank you in advance.

Any suggestions you have will be appreciated.
--
John

JohninTexas's gear list:JohninTexas's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Portrait Professional Studio +2 more
Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow