Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,455Gear list
Like?
Re: We (I) are forgetting Leica, about a new system
In reply to Tim in upstate NY, May 23, 2012

Tim in upstate NY wrote:

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

I recently made a thread about the Canon mirror less system, but I forgot that Leica talked about a new mirror less system, and this will not take long if my memory does not fail, from what I have read

And if instead of a highly priced cameras on this system we get Panasonic Lumix bodies with the name Leica, like we see on some Leica compacts ?

The price will be more affordable, and compatible with all Micro 4/3 lenses, maybe they pick a GX-1 or the one they talk on rumors, a Panasonic Lumix range finder style like the LC-1 and with built in left EVF

Maybe I am silly on saying this, and maybe if this happens the new camera will be developed by Panasonic and Leica, I think that maybe possible, let's see

(The only brand now that seems to not have even a rumor is Fuji, and I continue to find this strange, Fuji probably can sell more Micro 4/3 cameras than the X system)

. . . I don't know where to find the link but Leica has already said that if they did build a mirrorless ILC, that it would not use a 4/3 sensor. Just the fact that they use an APS sensor in the X1 and X2 tells you that they want a larger sensor in their premium level cameras above the P&S V-Lux line.

Oh ... I missed that point, and it is an important one, but they should change their mind about the sensor size

After all it seems that there are not many fans of the X1/2 cameras

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

God always take the simplest way.

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow