Thinktank Retrospective VS Lowepro Pro Messenger bag

Started Mar 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
gtvone
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Re: Thinktank Retrospective VS Lowepro Pro Messenger bag
In reply to hfg, May 23, 2012

With the R20, I have the 70-200 2.8IS down the middle on a gripped 5MKII, 24-70 on the left, 16-35 on the right.. I can fit a 50 on the 16-35 (little padding between - included with the bag at purchase) ...I could put the flash in the front pocket, or, as I prefer to do - slip a skin strobe modular bag on the webbing on either end of the R20... sweet little unit... Also, on that front, it's pretty cool to stick a popdown on the other end - that way if you're working out of your bag, you can open the bag, grab the lens you want, stick it (onehandedly) into the popdown, whip off your other lens and slip it straight back into the Retro - other lens out of the popdown, onto the body, take your photograph of grandma blowing out the candles on her 102nd birthday cake and dropping her teeth into the punch! result!

-- hide signature --

Hope that helps!

Sime

hfg wrote:

Mind sharing how you configure the Retro-20 to efficiently hold the mounted camera and all 3 of the f/2.8 zooms? Are the hoods included?

Can your layout accommodate ANY of the lenses mounted to the camera when in the bag?

Will a flash still fit inside of the bag?

Thanks,

-howard

--
Simon Pollock
http://www.gtvone.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow