Samsung WB850 battery problem

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
peewit
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Re: Samsung basher problem
In reply to Billx08, May 23, 2012

Hi
Me again. I posted the original query about the battery.

I did like the new WB850F camera despite some features that did not meet my expectations.

I also liked the WB650 with GPS and it served me well for 18 months or so but I felt happy to invest in the newer model that has a better optical zoom (x21) and a higher resolution.

It is the fact that every time I come to use the WB850F I find the battery has gone flat and it will not even switch on that made me decide to seek advice from Amazon who I purchased it from.

The advice came back from the third party supplier and simply asks me to contact the UK Samsung support telephone numbers.

I gave Samsung a ring and they do not seem to understand how this new model works and were blaming a faulty battery and saying that the led should go green when the battery is charged. Well the user manual (page 20) just says that the red led goes out when the battery is fully charged. That is what I get. Also if I turn the camera on at this stage, the on screen battery indicator shows a full charge. To me this shows that the battery is correctly and fully charged. So the battery goes flat in a few days even though it is switched off (Not a problem on my WB650 with GPS). Samsung are reluctant to replace my camera and I am awaiting news from them on what they will do. In the meantime I will fully charge the battery again and then remove it from the camera. I will measure the voltage with my super accurate voltmeter over a period of days. If the voltage stays up then it must be the camera that is draining the battery.
Peewit

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow