Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 10,951Gear list
Like?
K-5 and its Replacement.
May 23, 2012

Now that we see the specs of the new mid-level K20 camera what would a person want in a K-5 replacement to get one to upgrade from the K-5 or K30?

I love the K-5 so much that it was the first time I brought two K-5's. Still there are a few things that I would like to see improved in a advance aps-c Pentax camera.

The first is the AF. The 11 points are just to big and inaccurate. I would at least like to see a "spot AF" mode with a center AF being smaller and a F2.8 sensivity. Then again more AF points could be just as good if the points are smaller.

The next thing would be a better sensor, with even more DR and lower iso. Iso 25 would be great and would save me from using ND filters. Higher iso and lower noise would also be good.

A hybrid viewfinder. Pentax does have a patent for a hybrid viewfinder so they have thought about it in the past. It would be really great to be able to use focus peaking in the viewfinder when focus in really important.

Dual memory card slots would be nice.

Faster flash sync would be a nice addition.

Built-in WIFI to be able to use a smartphone or tablet in wireless teithering and control of the camera in addition to transfer of photo files.

I sure other K-5 users will have a different list of things from the K-5 that needs to be improved before they upgrade to the next "flagship" model.

Then again a FF model with a few new FF lenses would get me to upgrade.

Dave
--

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +25 more
Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow