Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,999Gear list
Like?
Re: Excellent shots Jeff !!
In reply to nzmacro, May 23, 2012

nzmacro wrote:

jeffharris wrote:

This cardinal was close but on a branch inside a tree, so manual focus was essential getting the shot. No way without a monopod. (full frame, no cropping, minimal PP)

Oh mate, send a few Cardinals down will ya Jeff ;). Excellent sharp details in there and awesome to see from here. Something we don't have and just love the colours and details in these little ones. Fantastic !!. Tell you what Jeff, I'll post a couple of Tui shots for you. Native NZ bird. You might like them.

Anyway, I love both a monopod and tripod Jeff. Its the only way to make sure you nail it sharply. IBIS is fine for most I'm sure. Certainly not for large lenses that need high shutter speeds and are too darn heavy to lift in the first place.

Either a 2x or a 1.4x TC would be great Jeff, I'll go with that for sure.

Now, the native NZ Tui. About 2 times the size of a Starling. Always tell them by the white tufts under the beaks and the lace necklace around the neck area.

So yep, I want a crack at those Cardinals Jeff. Nice shooting mate, really nice.

Wow, great shots! Now you've got me drooling for a NEX-5N again, damn you!

I like cardinals, there's a pair nesting outside my apartment somewhere, singing up a storm. Yes, in Manhattan, NYC. A pair of red tailed hawks, too. Haven't been able to get any of them to sit still long enough to get any shots, though.

Thanks for the compliments!

BTW, have you seen the LensTagger plug-in for Lightroom? Written by a M4/3 guy, too! It lets you add lens names, focal lengths and apertures for ANY lens and save them! Very cool, especially for us manual lens freaks.

http://www.essl.de/wp/2012/05/13/new-version-of-lenstagger-former-samyang75/

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
IBISNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow