Are TWO 5D2's better value than ONE 5D3

Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dave Chilvers
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,174Gear list
Like?
Re: Are TWO 5D2's better value than ONE 5D3
In reply to SeptimusFry, May 23, 2012

SeptimusFry wrote:

I was going to sell my 5D2 to buy a 5D3, but have had second thoughts. First, I am not sure that the improvements, great as they may be, are worth the major difference in price.

And this morning, I started to think about something else. I could buy a second 5D2 body, new, and still have good money in my pocket, as an alternative.

I am still thinking...........

-- hide signature --

Anything I say is meant to be interesting or funny, but never offensive !

A few months ago I purchased a 2nd 5d2 when I learnt the price of the 5D3 was going to be. Yes! all things being equal and if the economy was in a better state then I would love a 5d3 but I must be honest the 5d2's still give me everything I need and it's just so nice to keep my 85 1.8 only on the new camera and keep the dust down. I use the othe older 5d2 for lens changes and keep a 35mm lens on it and surprisingly enough that combo of two lenses on two identical bodies that I know like the back of my hand has made my walk-a-bouts A. a lot easier and more fun B. more productive for stock images.

Of course from reading the reviews if you want to shoot the Olympic games or shoot a black cat in a black hole then the 5d3 would be the camera of choice but for everything else the 5d2 does the job nicely.

For the very first time when my wife has said to me to sell one of the 5d2's and order a 5d3 and she will find the funds I have said no! chasing the dragon with regards better and bigger has got to stop.

Dave

-- hide signature --

I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope

http://www.pbase.com/davechilvers/latest_images

Dave Chilvers's gear list:Dave Chilvers's gear list
Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E1 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow