Canon 7D, Pentax K5, or Nikon D7000 with all in one zooms?

Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sgt_Strider
Senior MemberPosts: 2,062
Like?
Canon 7D, Pentax K5, or Nikon D7000 with all in one zooms?
May 23, 2012

I know this may be posted in a biased forum, but I'm looking for some opinions here. If you were to pick either the Canon 7D with Canon 18-200mm, Pentax K5 and Pentax 18-135mm WR, or the Nikon D7000 and Nikon 18-200mm VR II, which one would you go with?

The purpose will be a general travel camera with an all in one zoom. I know it's not exactly a fair comparison with the Pentax, but that is a nice combination because it's completely weather sealed. I think both the Pentax and Nikon have an advantage for HDR photography because they can take more than 3 frames in AEB. I'm not too sure which camera will have the fastest AF speed, but that might not matter so much for this type of photography. Also, which camera will have the fastest and most accurate live view mode? So basically, which setup here will be the lightest, but at the same time produces the best image quality? I'm looking for that right balance.

Thanks!

Canon EOS 7D Nikon D7000 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow