While waiting for D300(s) upgrade why do be blow off others?

Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 22,693
Like?
I am sorry for you, and...
In reply to Kerry Pierce, May 23, 2012

Kerry Pierce wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

Kerry Pierce wrote:

I recently purchased a d7000, in the hopes that it would be a good stopgap body for me, until the d400 arrives.

I don't yet know if it will or not, because it won't focus properly with all of my lenses.

Doesn't sound good at all...

Which lenses have you problems with?

I don't yet know for sure. It seems that it doesn't like long telephoto lenses, but I've not had time to put all of them on it to test.

It seems to work fine with short focal length stuff, ie 60mm micro, 15 mm sigma fish, 24-70 nikkor, but the 300 to 400mm lenses I've tried so far are slightly OOF.

Compared to the d300, it's a rather frustrating body with the slower FPS and small buffer, even without the AF problem.

...I am sorry that Nikon seems to have failed with this new AF sensor. I can not for my life understand why they invented the wheel when they had a perfectly working one in the D300/D300s. It seems that the D7000 has one serious problem and that is the AF. Very strange that Nikon did not manage to fix it in such long time. The AF seems to be a well know problem with this camera while AF in general is one of the strong points of all the other Nikon cameras.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow