Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jimbojim2005
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Why wait for B & H?
May 23, 2012

After pre-ordering a D800 from B&H at 10:36 eastern on Feb. 7 and sensing no movement after three-plus months, I went down to the little camera store branch (Wolf, affiliated with Ritz) not far from my house one week ago and ordered a D800. (No charge on my credit card until the order was filled by Ritz.) Four business days later my card was charged and I received the camera from my little branch store four days later (the camera was shipped UPS Ground from a Ritz receiving point in KS). As soon as I got the camera in my hands, I canceled my pre-order from B&H.

Moral of the story? I have no idea. Except that B&H will remain my go-to camera store for almost everything -- except a hot new Nikon, as I didn't appreciate, as a long-time customer, getting knocked around by their NPS contract with Nikon. (And yes, HenryP, there ARE "big fish" in the B&H world -- NPS members who take away from non-member little fish like me the chance to compete on a level playing field for a great camera.)

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow