Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
JNR
JNR
Senior MemberPosts: 1,724Gear list
Like?
Re: Eclipse photos from New Mexico
In reply to KentG, May 23, 2012

KentG wrote:

I lived in Albuquerque for many years growing up and plan to return there in 2013 or 2014 when I retire.

Kent Gittings

Nice to know! We plan to retire to Taos, and currently rent out a property there. I came down for some exterior painting - less than two hours before the eclipse started. Pulled out my dusty telescope, and did the best I could without proper preparations. It didn't help that I wasn't yet entirely familiar with the K-01, nor had I done any afocal telescopic shooting in several years. Also, the sun was in and out of clouds, as evidenced by the sequence below.

http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/vQSEIcEF/1/5590701#imageID=157455310

Next time (Venus transit), I plan to just shoot direct with my telephoto lens - which is sharper and easier to focus manually. I just have to figure out how to securely place the telescope's mylar solar filter to the telephoto lens.

-- hide signature --
 JNR's gear list:JNR's gear list
Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow