Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
raimundo gaby
Regular MemberPosts: 268Gear list
Like?
D800E--Please Clarify
May 23, 2012

I ordered the d800E, and I am still finalizing my lens selection. I have read in many sites that the 50mm f/1.8G, the 85mm f1.8G, and possibly the new 28mm f1.8 are all excellent choices ( I am actually very thrilled if this is really true because of the prices of the canon reccomended lenses for the 5dmark3 which I was also considering).

I bought the 50mm, and I am thinking to order the 85mm and the 28mm this week (and maybe complement them with a macro--105mm Nikon or Zeiss 100, and then a 300, 400 or 500 for wild life later).

I am a little confused because some reviewers mentioned we need the best glass for the D800 in order to get the most out of the camera, but the lens I am ordering are actually very inexpensive in comparison to others... Am I compromising quality here?

This is my first DSLR, and I would prefer not having to buy lens that are too heavy (I have some back problems), but I want to be able to take truly great pictures.

Please advise. I am sorry if I was too long,

Gaby

Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow