Weird color circle banding issue NX200

Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
sensibill
Senior MemberPosts: 4,342Gear list
Like?
Re: Weird color circle banding issue NX200
In reply to hootsmon, May 23, 2012

I hear what you're saying, but the consistency with which this exhibits and the fact that I've never seen it with any other camera (including my NX100 and this same exact lens) taking pics of the same basic stuff (in some cases the very same outdoor film gathering, dark room keyboard and aquarium) makes me think either the lens has gone bad somehow or the NX200 is causing it, either a design flaw or a problem with mine in particular.

I'd rather it be something amiss with the lens as some others suggested. It does seem like it might be something to do with the elements not being in the right place, maybe an AF error that causes some sort of diffraction or other light separation that the sensor isn't calibrated for (or expecting, so to speak)...

But I've taken lots of CFL, LED and Tungsten shots at a variety of exposures and never seen this effect - ever. That's having owned a few compacts as well as E-PL1, G2, D100, D90, D5000, D3200, NX100, etc.

sensibill's gear list:sensibill's gear list
Sony SLT-A57
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow