D800 From B&H???

Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
sweetsonic
Regular MemberPosts: 349
Like?
Re: My Experience with B&H
In reply to ksalno, May 23, 2012

Did you notice if your order status on the site itself switched from 'Backordered' to something else?

I ordered sometime around 10 AM on Feb 7 i think.

ksalno wrote:

I ordered on Feb 7 around 9 AM and received my camera from B&H today. While I had gotten regular updates that the camera was on backorder and there was no idea when they would ship, the camera arrived today with no email or pre-announcement that it was being shipped. I am glad to have it but would have appreciated notice that it was shipped and a tracking number. I almost ordered one last week from Target when they reported in stock status online but was too slow and before I completed my order they were out of stock again. Good thing or I would now own two D800's.

The previous notes about battery shortages are misleading I think. At the same time I ordered the D800, I also ordered the battery pack and a spare battery. These items were delivered over a month ago. I would think that if there was a battery shortage, they would not be shipping solo battery orders while keeping full D800 kits on the shelf awaiting batteries.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow