5D Classic vs. T1i

Started May 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Faintandfuzzy
Senior MemberPosts: 3,328Gear list
Like?
Classic
In reply to griffew, May 23, 2012

griffew wrote:

I was talking to a friend of mine and we were trying to figure out if going from a Canon Rebel T1i to a Canon 5D mkI classic was that much of an upgrade. My thought was that they were probably even since the T1i is a newer camera and most likely has features from the 5D that were revolutionary when the 5D came out but now are standard features that are thrown into entry level cameras. Of course the 5D is FF and is a pro camera... but it's ancient. Anyone want to chime in? I am curious to see what others have to say. By the way, I am not saying one is better than the other, just discussing older pro body vs. newer entry level body...

Do you mean the 5D...or is there some special "classic" version you're referring to? All I've heard of is the 5D, 5D2 and 5D3. Canon doesn't list a "Classic" version I can find.

Faintandfuzzy's gear list:Faintandfuzzy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Nikon Coolpix 950 Olympus E-10 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow