Should I turn off stabilization most of the time on my OM-D?

Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Forum MemberPosts: 64
Should I turn off stabilization most of the time on my OM-D?
May 23, 2012

I have posted my concerns about my OM-D's battery life elsewhere.
("I only took about 30 photos with that, before the battery was discharged.")

I have only had my camera a week and have had to charge it twice, having probably only taken a hundred photos. Certainly a lot of time has been spent setting it up and that includes trying to reduce the drain on the battery. At the same time there are some things like a few seconds reviewing the image which I think are essential, so I would leave that on.

I woud appreciate any more hints, but in particular

Should I turn off the image stabilization except when shooting in low light or with a long zoom.. ( hmm, never had to do this with my D90) . Seems to reduce the value of IS significantly!

Is it better to let the camera go into sleep mode after 1 minute rather than turn it off all together?

Right now I am wondering if I have faulty battery. This camera might be doing a lot more than a little p&s but I am primarily using the viewfinder. Most p&s don't have one but give longer battery life than I am getting....

Any help appreciated.

Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow