Is there any difference ...

Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ktownbill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,888
Like?
Re: Is there any difference ...
In reply to MikeFromMesa, May 22, 2012

Since weight is a key issue here I would suggest getting a mirror-less camera. You can even find them with APS-c sensors. They take the same lenses as DSLR's. The IQ rivals that of DSLR's from what I read. I'm thinking Canon will come out with theirs by the end of the summer if not sooner. Then you would be able to use your Canon lenses. Many amateurs and pro's are using these gems as walk-around and travel cameras due to the weight and bulk issues of dslr's.

Regards, Bill

MikeFromMesa wrote:

I have been wondering if there was any difference in image quality between the 60D and the 600D. Comparing the statistics of the two the sensors seem to be the same and, given the same lens, should there be any difference in the image quality?

I ask because I am in the process of buying a new DSLR for my wife. She is moving up from a Sony Cybershot T900 point-and-shoot which is thin and light enough for me to carry in my shirt pocket. She does not want to carry around any more weight than she has to so my first thought was the 600D. It is considerably lighter than the 60D, has the same ISO settings and, of course, can use the same lenses. I know it has less functionality and no top lcd screen, but I have been thinking that there is no real difference between the two cameras when it comes to image quality. Is this right? Or will the 60D actually take better images than the 600D?

I am posting this question on this forum because I assume some people here have moved up from the 500D and the 550D and those are similar enough to the 600D that anything true about them is probably also true about the 600D.

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

img7d

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow