Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
New Guy Wanna Learn
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Re: What is the 'coolest' camera?
In reply to demonboy, May 22, 2012

demonboy wrote:

Hi all,

thanks very much for your replies. There's a few models in there I know but quite I few I hadn't heard of.

It's amazing how people respond to the question about 'cool' cameras. Really this is just a bit of fun. I mean I'm a serious photographer but now and then I like to window shop and check out new and different gear. I was on the APUG medium format forum earlier (great bunch of people) and they were all playing the game and coming up with cameras I'd never even heard of. Then I posted the question up in 'another big photography website' and got ripped apart for being so shallow and childish for asking the question. One person even described me as 'a 12 year old girl' for asking about cool cameras! I think they thought I'm just a shallow consumer looking for the latest bit of kit. I'm not, it's just a bit of fun, but by asking the question I've learnt about a whole load of gear I never even knew existed.

Appreciate the replies, everyone. Thank you very much for taking the time out to respond and post up links/pics.

Eheh ...i understand your situation very well, mate.

It's very NORMAL nowadays to find people not only in DPR but almost everywhere, pretty inconsiderate and unkind to people who are just beginners, just wanting to ask a question or two, or simply for the sake of fun to conduct a discussion/polls..like you just did. Yeah, the fact is, MOST will take it too seriously and offensively, i'm afraid...and the only way to so to speak, overcome it all...is to stay forgiving and very mature in rationalizing with them....yeah, not to mention being very patient, tolerant and yes, merciful towards em all.

After all, God has indeed been very, very patient and merciful towards all of us too, in spite of all our wickedness and evil ways of treating each other..so let's 'follow him' in his footsteps of forgiveness and showing mercy to others who treat us wrongly.

Of course, we will fail at times to do what is right, coz we r humans after all...full of weaknesses and flaws....he understands, he understands

Ahhh, this beautiful world that shouldn't have been corrupted by sin in the first place....and now we see so much violence and vile things going on around us each day and in the news....what to do???

Cheers mate!

New Guy Wanna Learn's gear list:New Guy Wanna Learn's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
coolNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow