Pentax gets it...

Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vlad S
Senior MemberPosts: 3,025Gear list
Like?
AA batteries
In reply to Sean Nelson, May 22, 2012

Sean Nelson wrote:

They also "get" AA batteries. I love my AA-based cameras, and the K30 has actually causes me a few brief thoughts of thinking I should just buy it and extend the life of my Pentax equipment rather than jumping ship to the M43 system.

I disagree about the universal appeal of the AA batteries. If you assume that you are somewhere where you can't charge your Li ion, and then you just walk in to a store and by some alkaline AA, then the actual experience may be quite disappointing. Typically digital cameras require AA batteries that can supply high current, which alkalines cannot, and then you won't get more than a few shots out of them. And anyway, I don't think it's any easier to find a shop that sells AA, than it is to find a functioning power outlet.

Vlad

Vlad S's gear list:Vlad S's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow