Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bill Heiser
Regular MemberPosts: 371Gear list
Like?
Requesting help with color matching in Photoshop CS6
May 22, 2012

I am working with someone on a product photography project and we're running into an odd problem getting colors to match. Here's what's happening:

We each do the following:

1. we each open a copy of the same file (a PSD file with an embedded profile of "Generic CMYK"). We both have profile warnings enabled and we accept the choice to "use embedded profile".

2. we then sample the document background color by using the Eye Dropper tool, then opening the Color Picker tool to see the value selected. The color value I see is "#8da0c0". The color he sees is "#87a1c3".

We are both using Macs running Lion 10.7.x, and we're both using Photoshop CS6. He's using an Apple Cinema Display and I'm using an Apple Thunderbolt Display. Mine is calibrated using ColorEyes Display Pro with an i1Display2 puck. His display is not calibrated... but although that will make the image appear differently to us, it doesn't change the data contained in the PSD file... so we'd expect then sampled colors to be the same at that level.

What are we missing here? Why don't we both get the same results from the Color Picker tool?

Thanks in advance!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow