Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dailypix
Contributing MemberPosts: 623
Like?
IR Photography here I come!
May 22, 2012

The Singh Ray IR filter I ordered recently just arrived. A quick snap shot confirms that the X Pro 1 is quite serviceable for this.

The big advantage over DSLR is the OVF. A good IR filter should block most if not all of visible light so looking through the SLR viewfinder rewards with a black screen. I hated having to compose and focus on a tripod without the filter then screw the filter on. Being able to compose with the OVF makes a world of difference.

Word was the weak IR filter on this camera might allow handheld. I will have to experiment but based on a few test shots I think the tripod will be needed.

I will have to work on the focus also as those who used IR film in the "olden days" know the focus point is different. Many of the older film cameras had an IR mark to assist in this regard. With the focus by wire there is no mark on the outside of the lens and the manual focus guide is not 100% useful.

BUT I am totally excited by this and look forward to posting some shots later this week after a thorough test.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow