Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Klarno
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,243Gear list
Like?
The Bisti Badlands
May 22, 2012

Wide angle shots done with Panasonic GH2 and Olympus 11-22 (and perhaps some with the 14-54).
Telephoto shots done with Olympus E-PL1 and m.Zuiko 40-150.
Post processing done with LR4.

Last time I was in the Bisti Badlands, I was unable to find a feature which photographers call the "egg factory", because I had the wrong GPS coordinate. It was a difference of only a few hundred feet, with the winding canyons in this area and the small size of the features in this area it was enough to never see it. But I found it this time, the night of the eclipse.

There was an unusual turnout of visitors to the area today. Usually the entire area gets about 10 visitors a day. Some were here viewing the eclipse. Some were just on their way from somewhere to somewhere else. While the sun was still up hardly a minute went by without someone asking someone else to get out of their light.

And to round out the next morning before I packed up my tent and headed out (the dawn light was terrible so I didn't get anything else before the sun came up)

For more information, I have a writeup on the Bisti Badlands here:
http://photoklarno.tumblr.com/post/12471303078/the-bisti-badlands

-- hide signature --
 Klarno's gear list:Klarno's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 A3000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow