Bi-curious about canon...

Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
facedodge
Regular MemberPosts: 299Gear list
Like?
Re: Bi-curious about canon...
In reply to The Photo Ninja, May 22, 2012

There are many posts comparing the two systems. It comes down to personal preference. There are pros and cons to both. I personally prefer the Canon ergonomics and menu system. I believe Canon has a better and more versatile lens line up that isn't confusing like Nikon's.

The D700 is a great camera, as is the D800. You are likely to get more out of practice and lenses/accessories than you will by changing systems.

That said, Canon's 5D Mark III is more versatile than the D800 from a "get the shot" perspective. The D800 is more versatile in post with it's increased dynamic range and increased resolution.

I would favor the 5D3 for event/photojournalists and photo enthusiasts. I would favor the D800 for studio work or for those that need to print billboards/murals.

facedodge's gear list:facedodge's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow